Libido Fundamentals with Arjan Bouw
gladly lingers in the wind or the rain,
or splashes into the cold river, or
pushes through the ice-crusted snow.
Written by Mary Oliver
- We are all sexual beings, from the cradle to the grave. From birth to death it is an essential part of our being, of our life force, our identity, our humanity. In every phase of our lives we experience that sexuality in the way we can at that given moment. That can be mysterious, mellow, luscious, filled with curiosity, horny, full of desire, platonic, poetic, still and mediative. Even in one single dance we may feel juicy, radiant and desirable while at other times we battle feeling awkward or shy.
- We will spend these five days in beautiful and grounded retreat centre in Turkey, just next to the sea. It is in the embrace of nature that we feed our senses. Through the elements we can allow ourselves to be touched on many different ways and places. It is in nature that our nervous systems relaxes so we learn to relate, connect, play and enjoy our sexuality.
- With a better understanding of our biology we can seek the state of being that allows us to ride joyously through our sexual cycle over and over again. Because the sexual energy is so often unconsciously acted out or ignored, the exploration of this territory tends to be intense, intimate, liberating and empowering.
- Libido Fundamentals investigates this complex and creative mystery by using movement to ground, build and explore our sexual energy. We embrace a wider definition of Libido as life force, birth place of creativity, vitality, presence and aliveness.
- ALL GENDERS and SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS are WELCOME. Welcome solo or in relationship. Nudity is not part of this workshop. Some prior experience of Open Floor or other conscious dance practice is required.
- Open Floor is an inquiry, resource and body based movement practice, meditation and exploration for cultivating embodiment, presence, emotional intelligence, and mindful awareness.
Early bird price till July 1st – 250 euro
Till August 1st – 270 euro
After August 1st and at place – 300 euro
Travel and accommodation costs are not included
Accommodation price includes breakfast and dinner. You can also get lunch with extra 3 euro (buffet) or choose a la cart.